At South Cairns Dental, we welcome all new patients of all ages. If you are a new patient visiting us for the first time, we recommend that you begin with a thorough consultation and dental clean.
At this visit, we take sufficient time to:
- Examine all of your teeth & gums
- Assess your jaw joints
- Take all necessary X-rays (both close-up and full face X-rays)
- Take photos of any potential problems so you can see them yourself
- Scale, clean and polish to remove plaque/tartar from your teeth & gums
- Topical fluoride treatment
- Provide you with a printed treatment plan – this is the most accurate possible estimate of time and cost to restore your mouth to full health, function and beauty
As with most things in life, when it comes to your teeth, prevention is far better than cure. By attending regularly for your check ups and cleaning, we can recognise and treat the early signs of any potential problems to ensure they don’t progress. This invariably saves you both time and money, and ensures you keep your own natural teeth looking great and functioning comfortably for many years to come.